Saturday 23 February 2013

Welcome to the Kallokain Photo Blog!


Welcome to my photo blog. I am an avid amateur photographer. For the past couple of years, I have posted photos on Facebook, and more recently on Google Plus. While this is a lot of fun, there are advantages to using a blog:

  • Focus. I post other things than photos on the social media sites. This blog will focus on photography. I will write about other things, but it will always be related to, and in the context of, photography.
  • Format. I plan to write articles as well as publishing photographs. A blog is much more suitable for this than FB or G+. I will continue to use social media sites of course. among other things, they are great for announcing a new article on the blog.
  • Links. Facebook goes to great lengths to hide URLs of pictures and postings. This makes it difficult to link to a posting. A blog article is easy to link to.
  • Freedom to publish what I want. I once had a picture of a statue in a public square banned from Google Plus because the statue was nude. The ban was lifted after a few days, but it was still annoying. A blog gives me the freedom to publish what I want to publish. If you are easily upset, don't look! (Actually, I do not plan to publish anything risqué, but I might change my mind.)
  • I can showcase a portfolio. I plan to set up tabs where I can showcase my best photos in various categories. For now, the portfolio is non-commercial, but that might change.

No comments:

Post a Comment