Sunday 23 September 2018

End of Days: A Visitor from R´lyeh

It's been awhile since I worked on a picture. The reason is that I got a new job, and I went into deep immersion mode to get up to speed as quickly as possible.

I really like the job, and I think it has affected my ability to make pictures. It's not just that I lack time. I am much to happy to make dark, brooding, or horrific stuff.

I tried to make the picture above a nighttime picture with the monster partially visible in a cone of light from the helicopter.

It didn't work. Finally, I gave up and made a bright and cheerful. watercolor style, picture instead.


Of course, once I have the base image, I can paint it in many different styles, so I can make a dark, ink-like painting if I want to, like the one above. Perhaps it does suit the Lovecraftian theme a bit better.

Oh, well, back to work...my new job, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment