Monday 24 August 2020

Shooting Horrors from the Beyond with Eliza Sica, Part 2

 

Castaway, with Eliza Sica


Not too long ago, I created a storyboard depicting a female astronaut who had just swum ashore from a crashed spaceship. Piled on the beach beside her, where the few things she had managed to save from the spaceship. When Eliza Sica and I looked through my storyboards, she decided this was a picture she wanted to do.

As I am sure you have noticed, the picture is way wider than most photos. I decided that, because it was meant to have a cinematic look, it would be best to create it in anamorphic widescreen, 1:2.35, format.

Because the picture is so wide, it does not fit Facebook and other social media very well. On the other hand, the format works great for printing. This is one picture I want to print on canvas, and see hung on a wall.

The picture is very loosely based on Jack Vance's Tschai novels. I read the novels many years ago, when I was in my teens. Then I started rereading them while I worked on the storyboard, and I finished the last book just yesterday.

If you liked this picture, you might also enjoy the first blog post in this series.

You might also want to check out Eliza Sica's Instagram account, or even mine.

Be seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment