Saturday 10 August 2019

The Planket Photo Exhibition

"Is it okay if I take photos of your pictures? I want to show them to my daughter." Of course it was okay, and I asked if it was okay for me to take a picture while she was taking pictures of my pictures.
I was an exhibitor at the Planket photo exhibition today. Planket is a large, outdoor photo exhibition. This year, about 130 photographers showed off the results of their hard work.

There are many excellent photographers at Planket, and the quality of the pictures seem to go up a little bit each year.



With so many photographers exhibiting at the same time, there is something for everyone. This year, there was just about everything from awesome squirrel photos to stunning pictures from the Burning Man festival in the Nevada desert.

I met several photographer friends, some of which I haven't seen in a long time. I also ran into a colleague from a place where I worked some years ago.


I went with tree of my pictures printed on canvas. I must confess, I was half convinced my pictures were so weird no-one would be interested in them, but that proved to be an unfounded fear.

Of course, pictures like these depend on teamwork. They would not exist without 3D model makers, software developers, and the very talented models who have bravely stepped in front of my camera.

The models in the pictures are:

  • Petra Brewits and Peter Markusson, fighting off a giant spider with the Borgholm Castle in the background.
  • Zanna Höglund, who gets in deep trouble when a sabre-tooth tiger (more correctly, a Smilodon) decides to play a deadly game of cat and mouse with her.
  • Noor Model Noor, who faces off with an awakening Old One in the city of R'Lyeh.

Planket would not be Planket without rain. As usual, dark skies loomed threatening, but the rain actually held off until after 4 PM.


Of course, to a photographer, rain is just an opportunity to get shoot interesting pictures.

On the other hand, when a torrent of water looks like it will wash the pictures away, it is time to pack it up and look for a place to dry off a bit.


I packed my stuff up, and made it to Condeco, a café within walking distance. (Depending on how far you are willing to walk, of course.)

Petra, who modeled for one of my pictures above, joined me for a cup of coffee. When she left, I wrote this blog post.

Be seeing you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    This company is currently looking for members who want to sell their photography pictures, would you be interested?

    - You should be able to take and submit at least 10-50 photos a week.

    - Your photos will be used for websites, catalogs, books, magazines and ads.

    If you’re interested, register here now as spaces are filling fast.

    Regards,

    P.S. You don’t need to be a professional photography to get started. >> Sign up here

    ReplyDelete